Elissavet Chlapana, Greece
Fields of expertise
I have a PhD in Teaching Methodology (University of Crete, 2012). In my dissertation, I studied issues related to immigrant kindergarten children’s second language vocabulary development through literacy practices.
My research interests are further expanded in areas concerning:
- Vocabulary development
- Comprehension strategies instruction
- Narrative ability
- Use of ICT in literacy development of young children
- Practices for language support of young second language learners.
Institution / Country
I work as an Assistant Professor the in the Department of Preschool Education, Faculty of Education, University of Crete. Courses that I teach in undergraduate and postgraduate studies include:
- Language teaching in Preschool education with emphasis in comprehension instruction
- Language and ICT
- Teaching methodology in preschool education
- Oral and written language of preschool children
Previous occupational status
- Special Laboratorial Teaching Staff in the Department of Preschool Education, Faculty of Education, University of Crete.
- Special Technical Laboratory Staff in the Laboratory of Pedagogical Research and Application of the Department of Preschool Education, University of Crete.
- Kindergarten teacher at Public Schools in Greece.
Participation in Scientific Associations
- International Literacy Association
- Greek Literacy Association (Board member)
- Educational Association of Greece
- More information about selected publications and the scientific and occupation profile of Elissavet Chlapana you can in the short version of her cv.