Prof. Dr. Christine Garbe, University of Cologne, Germany
Fields of expertise:
German literature and literature education (Literaturdidaktik), especially children’s and young adult’s literature; gender and literature in 18th-21st century; literary socialisation und reading development of children and adolescents, (especially focussed on gender differences / boys and reading); adolescent and disciplinary literacy, especially focussed on struggling readers; teacher education and professional development concerning how to teach literacy across the disciplines; evaluation and consulting of literacy and reading promotion programmes addressing families, kindergarten and schools.
Institution / Country: Professor of German Literature and Literature Education at University of Cologne / Germany (retired since 08/2018, last professional position).
Languages: German (mothertongue), English (Level C2), French (Level B2), Spanish (Level A2 / B1).
Membership and functions in professional organizations:
- European Literacy Policy Network Association (ELINET Association) e.V.: Chairperson since its foundation in 2017
- Boys & Books Förderverein e.V. (Sponsoring Association): Chairperson from 2013 – 2018
- International Literacy Association (Member; former member of ILA’s Literacy Research Panel: 2014 – 2017)
- Symposium Deutschdidaktik (Member)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Kinder- und Jugendliteraturforschung (Member).
Short CV (Education, Training, Career, Awards)
Projects (Research and practice projects)
Selected Lectures (or your lecturing profile)