Fields of expertise
Language teaching is important, fascinating and constantly changing. Clemens has been involved in Language teaching since over 40 years, as a language teacher, a teacher trainer, a coach/trainer and as a consultant and researcher. He also gives keynotes and lectures and writes articles and blogs and active in several (inter)national professional networks.
See here more details on professional activities.
With the rise of the internet and digital tools and platforms, the use of language to communicate, enjoy and learn has changed a lot in the last two decades. Clemens focusses on Digital Literacies and language education.
In 2017, Clemens was officially declared as a Pioneer Digital Literacy, in the first edition of Digital Literacy Handbook/ Handboek Digitale geletterdheid, published by Kennisnet, the public organisation for Education & ICT in the Netherlands. The Handbook contains an interview with me, in Dutch, about digital literacy and the role of language teaching.
Institution / Country
Clemens is an independent consultant, trainer/ coach, researcher, teacher and speaker, living in the Netherlands.
Membership and functions in professional organisations
- ELINET (Association European Literacy Policy Network). Founding member (est. 5.7.2017−). Member of Executive Board and co-chair of the Thematic Working group Digital Literacy
- Member Association for Language Teachers Levende Talen
- Member FELA (Federation of European Literacy Associations).
- Member International Literacy Association (ILA)
- Member Commissie Mediawijsheid (Commitee Media Literacy) Council for Culture The Netherlands