Fields of expertise
Language teaching is important, fascinating and constantly changing. I have been working on this my whole life, as a language teacher and as a teacher trainer with students, as a coach/trainer with teachers and as a consultant with schools. And also as a researcher with colleagues at home and abroad. I also give lectures and write articles and blogs and I’m active in several (inter)national professional networks. See here more details of my professional activities.
With the rise of the internet and digital tools and platforms, the use of language to communicate, enjoy and learn has changed a lot in the last two decades. That’s why I’m focussing on Digital Literacies and language education over the last decade and a half. I’m supporting teachers and teacher teams, schools, teacher training colleges, (educational) companies and professional networks on implementing digital literacy in the curriculum, at home and abroad. And do some research also.
In 2017, I was officially declared as a Pioneer Digital Literacy, in the first edition of Digital Literacy Handbook/ Handboek Digitale geletterdheid, published by Kennisnet, the public organisation for Education & ICT in the Netherlands. The Handbook also contains an interview with me, in Dutch, about digital literacy and the role of language teaching.
Institution / Country
I’m an independent consultant, trainer/ coach, researcher, teacher and speaker, living in the Netherlands.
Worked as a Language teacher at secondary Ed., Teacher trainer, Researcher and Head Language Department (see CV)
Membership and functions in professional organisations
- Founding member in the Association European Literacy Policy Network (ELINET) (est. 5.7.2017−). Moreover, I am a member in the Executive Board of ELINET and the co-chair of the Thematic Working group Digital Literacy
- Member Commissie Mediawijsheid (Commitee Media Literacy) Council for Culture The Netherlands
- Member Association for Language Teachers in Levende Talen
- Member FELA (Federation of European Literacy Associations), former IDEC Member & representative of The Netherlands International Development in Europe Committee (IDEC)
- Member International Literacy Association (ILA)
- Short CV click here (Education, Training, Career, Awards) Also info on Projects, Lectures and Teaching Practice
- Selected publications, Press and Podcast you can find on my website here.
- Professional Activities you can find on my website here. To get an idea what I do professionally. Here also more info on Projects, Lectures and Teaching Practice.